Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HuggyBear  
#21 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2018 10:53:43 PM(UTC)
HuggyBear

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

The wife got me some PataGucci, super thick fleece, cold weather wading pants for Xmas a few years back. Don't even need to wear wool/long underwear under those, just a good pair of smart wool socks. Up top its usually a t-shirt, merino wool pullover, then either the permaloft jacket from Kast, and a wading jacket, or just the Kast jacket. This year, I did get some new gloves. The half finger, cold weather gloves that Simms makes. Those are great. Kept my hands warm even when they got wet, but they don't really dry out too quick when its cold out.

WI-fly  
#22 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2018 3:45:24 PM(UTC)
WI-fly

Man

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: HuggyBear Go to Quoted Post

The wife got me some PataGucci, super thick fleece, cold weather wading pants for Xmas a few years back. Don't even need to wear wool/long underwear under those, just a good pair of smart wool socks. Up top its usually a t-shirt, merino wool pullover, then either the permaloft jacket from Kast, and a wading jacket, or just the Kast jacket. This year, I did get some new gloves. The half finger, cold weather gloves that Simms makes. Those are great. Kept my hands warm even when they got wet, but they don't really dry out too quick when its cold out.

My son just got those same Simms gloves from Driftless Angler. They are nice. I have a pair of wool half finger gloves that are my go to. I can't remember where I got them (Farm and Fleet maybe), but I appreciate how quickly they dry out.

Orvis makes a good looking pair of wader pants (expensive sweat pants), but I am not ready to spend $79 for those.

For a winter fishing coat this year (and as I look out the window right now, it is still winter) my wife bought me a 32 Degrees packable puffy coat last fall when they were running some sort of sale at Herbergers. It was about $30 and it has been perfect. Light weight, not bulky, and very warm. Being that it is a cheap packable, I know it may only last one or two seasons, but I'll definitely look for another one of those.
=============
Curt Rees
Coulee Region Trout Unlimited
Catch fish, have a good time, protect the resource.
CRTU Facebook
CRTU Instagram
Kfoley  
#23 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 12:16:44 AM(UTC)
Kfoley

United States

Always waders.
In the summer, Patagonia lightweight Capilene pants and a pair of swim trunks over the top. The trunks have pockets for wallet and whatnot and are more presentable in the Kwikery. In the winter, Simms fleece pants over same capilene pants, or smartwool bottoms under fleece if it's very cold.