Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DanE  
#21 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 8:40:13 AM(UTC)
DanE

shebs wrote:
DanE wrote:
If it weren't such a long drive, I'd totally come out there and chase brookies with you! (As long as you don't bring Brevitz along LOL)

LOL

There's always Troutstock!

He'd out fish us both anyway, fuck that guy Razz

In all seriousness though, I owe him big time. If it weren't for him sharing some (tons of) intel with me, I'd probably still be wasting my life chasing dinker browns on hay creek in MN. He and I are on a quest for a 16" brook trout, and we've got some pretty solid leads...

Yeah I am not gonna make Troutstock this year. We leave right after that for a week in Canada, so I will be packing, finishing my honey-do list, etc. that weekend.
NBrevitz  
#22 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 9:11:56 AM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 55 post(s)
TreArrow wrote:
That beaver pond is where I caught my tiger trout last year. I think that stream is one of the better ones in the state to catch them at least according to the DNR shock numbers.

I think you're mistaken, as there aren't any Brown Trout above the barrier in that creek. I've fished it at least 30 times and never seen one.
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
donjuan  
#23 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 12:22:56 PM(UTC)
donjuan

shebs wrote:
...I decided it was time to white trash up the place a little bit. What better way to do that than to go worm dunking in a beaver pond?

Hahaha, awesome post

Good call on the tires.
Guillermo  
#24 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 7:10:45 PM(UTC)
Guillermo

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
shebs wrote:
DanE wrote:
If it weren't such a long drive, I'd totally come out there and chase brookies with you! (As long as you don't bring Brevitz along LOL)

LOL

In all seriousness though, I owe him big time. If it weren't for him sharing some (tons of) intel with me, I'd probably still be wasting my life chasing dinker browns on hay creek in MN. He and I are on a quest for a 16" brook trout, and we've got some pretty solid leads...

Why not up the ante? How bout a 20 incher? A 22 incher was caught a couple of years ago in WI.
NBrevitz  
#25 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 10:45:28 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Guillermo wrote:
shebs wrote:
DanE wrote:

LOL

Why not up the ante? How bout a 20 incher? A 22 incher was caught a couple of years ago in WI.

Chasing Brook Trout already consumes my life, and chasing a 20" fish in the Driftless is nuts. If that were the goal of shebs and I, I think our lives would turn into that of Ahab. I've heard of rivers that produce 17" Brook Trout, but not much bigger. I've found a couple wild Brookie lakes on the N Shore of MN with the potential to produce 18" fish, but 20" seems like a reach unless you're talking Coasters. They've surveyed a few 22-24" Coasters up N of Grand Marais the past few years, finally seeing the benefits of the regs put in effect 17 years ago.

Edited by user Thursday, May 12, 2016 10:46:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: I'm a moron at times

"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
Guillermo  
#26 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 2:43:26 AM(UTC)
Guillermo

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
NBrevitz wrote:
Guillermo wrote:
shebs wrote:
DanE wrote:

LOL

Chasing Brook Trout already consumes my life, and chasing a 20" fish in the Driftless is nuts. If that were the goal of shebs and I, I think our lives would turn into that of Ahab. I've heard of rivers that produce 17" Brook Trout, but not much bigger. I've found a couple wild Brookie lakes on the N Shore of MN with the potential to produce 18" fish, but 20" seems like a reach unless you're talking Coasters. They've surveyed a few 22-24" Coasters up N of Grand Marais the past few years, finally seeing the benefits of the regs put in effect 17 years ago.

A reach? Maybe, maybe not...Wink

Edited by user Friday, May 13, 2016 2:47:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

shebs  
#27 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 8:34:18 AM(UTC)
shebs

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Guillermo wrote:

Please post photos when you find one Flapper

Also please PM me the GPS coordiantes lol

Edited by user Friday, May 13, 2016 8:36:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"
William Schlafer  
#28 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 9:37:42 AM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Was thanked: 188 time(s) in 146 post(s)
shebs wrote:
Guillermo wrote:

Please post photos when you find one Flapper

Also please PM me the GPS coordiantes lol

Ontario is where the epic Brook Trout live...

UserPostedImage

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
shebs  
#29 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 9:44:09 AM(UTC)
shebs

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 46 post(s)

Well we all know that...but I'll go up to Nipigon with Babe's daughter any time.

NBrevitz wrote:

chasing a 20" fish in the Driftless is nuts
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"
NBrevitz  
#30 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 1:48:10 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

shebs wrote:

Well we all know that...but I'll go up to Nipigon with Babe's daughter any time.

She's mine...