Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DimondViper  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2015 7:03:17 AM(UTC)
DimondViper
Rank: Midge

Joined: 2/27/2013(UTC)
Posts: 38
Location: Minneapolis

I'm heading up this weekend. Just curious if anybody else is going to be in the area?
Sponsor
turbomike15  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2015 7:00:05 AM(UTC)
turbomike15
Rank: Midge

Joined: 4/7/2014(UTC)
Posts: 119
Location: Madison, WI

How'd it go?
DimondViper  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2015 9:09:52 AM(UTC)
DimondViper
Rank: Midge

Joined: 2/27/2013(UTC)
Posts: 38
Location: Minneapolis

Fished the afternoon and evening on Saturday and Sunday morning until 11.

Was skunked...

Sunday morning there were some fish rising around me and my buddy at a hole we were at for about 30 min. The wind picked up and they turned off.

My buddy also had a big fish take about 100 feet of line out on him (He centerpins).

Nice weather but almost to nice.

I'm likely going back up again next weekend. It rained there yesterday evening and the river has bumped up quite a bit.
turbomike15  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2015 10:16:05 AM(UTC)
turbomike15
Rank: Midge

Joined: 4/7/2014(UTC)
Posts: 119
Location: Madison, WI

DimondViper wrote:
Fished the afternoon and evening on Saturday and Sunday morning until 11.

Was skunked...

Sunday morning there were some fish rising around me and my buddy at a hole we were at for about 30 min. The wind picked up and they turned off.

My buddy also had a big fish take about 100 feet of line out on him (He centerpins).

Nice weather but almost to nice.

I'm likely going back up again next weekend. It rained there yesterday evening and the river has bumped up quite a bit.


Rising steelhead? I don't think I've read or heard anything of Brule steelies rising to a fly. I smell mighty skunky myself these days. Maybe a trip north will help wash it off... I'll let you know if I make it up that way.
DimondViper  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2015 7:20:08 AM(UTC)
DimondViper
Rank: Midge

Joined: 2/27/2013(UTC)
Posts: 38
Location: Minneapolis

turbomike15 wrote:
DimondViper wrote:
Fished the afternoon and evening on Saturday and Sunday morning until 11.

Was skunked...

Sunday morning there were some fish rising around me and my buddy at a hole we were at for about 30 min. The wind picked up and they turned off.

My buddy also had a big fish take about 100 feet of line out on him (He centerpins).

Nice weather but almost to nice.

I'm likely going back up again next weekend. It rained there yesterday evening and the river has bumped up quite a bit.


Rising steelhead? I don't think I've read or heard anything of Brule steelies rising to a fly. I smell mighty skunky myself these days. Maybe a trip north will help wash it off... I'll let you know if I make it up that way.




I guess anything is possible... They were likely browns that were rising. Whatever they were they were pretty nice sized fish in the 20+ range.

Let me know if you head up that way. If I'm in the area we could meetup for a bit of fishing. Grew up in Superior WI and know a bit of the river. Not an expert by any means though.
Dullyouth  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2015 7:46:43 AM(UTC)
Dullyouth
Rank: Dragon Fly

Joined: 3/19/2012(UTC)
Posts: 338
Location: MN & WI

The key to the brule is to find a deep hole and aimlessly drift your rig through it for hours on end until you get your one hookup of the day, assuming youre lucky. Laugh
RippinLips87  
#7 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2015 9:09:47 AM(UTC)
RippinLips87
Rank: Stone Fly

Joined: 1/7/2014(UTC)
Posts: 187
Man
Location: St Croix County

Dullyouth wrote:
The key to the brule is to find a deep hole and aimlessly drift your rig through it for hours on end until you get your one hookup of the day, assuming youre lucky. Laugh


haha this is exactly how my buddy and i caught ours. LOL LOL
Fish 'til you swim with them
“Game fish are too valuable to be caught only once.” ~Lee Wulff
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2019, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.237 seconds.