Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
EddieRivard  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2013 12:10:14 PM(UTC)
EddieRivard

I have fished this section of river three times this week. I guess you could say it's my favorite. I met my dad there this morning at 5am and we fished until about noon. I caught one small brown trout and one Smallmouth Bass. My dad managed to catch nothing but that's just how it goes sometimes. We both had fun and that's all that really matters. Here are some photos.

The Sex Dungeon.
UserPostedImage

This trout was caught using a streamer I purchased at Bob Mitchell's Fly Shop in Lake Elmo. If you've never been there you should check it out. Might want to bring a dog biscuit with you when you go.
UserPostedImage

Small Mouth Billy wanted a tour of the Sex Dungeon and I gave him one alright.
UserPostedImage

Same fish as before just a full body shot.
UserPostedImage

He didn't catch any fish but he sure can cast.

UserPostedImage

On the trail walking out.
UserPostedImage

This way to the river.
UserPostedImage

A light at the end of the tunnel.
UserPostedImage

The trail back to the road. One mile of trail from river to the road. Are you man enough?
UserPostedImage

I think this is called a, "Selfy"
UserPostedImage

While I am at it here are some photos from when I went on Monday night from 8pm to 2am. In my tribe we have to go to the Kinni on the first Monday in July on the year that we turn 34 to prove that we are a man and hopefully get a vision or two. I snagged one fish and was glad I was able to find my way back in the dark. I have proven my manhood.

He went for it once then he came back for it and somehow got hooked in his belly.
UserPostedImage

I forgot what this one is called but it seems pretty deadly.
UserPostedImage

I think this may have been my 60 second exposure but I am not sure. 60 seconds is a long time to hold your camera perfectly still. I am glad I brought my tripod.
UserPostedImage

This is what weeds look like at night.
UserPostedImage

The end.

Edited by user Friday, July 5, 2013 12:27:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

kschaefer3  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2013 12:31:01 PM(UTC)
kschaefer3

Great story as usual, Eddie! I love your optimism. I'm also glad you were able to prove your manhood. I hate when that is called into question.

Is the first fly a white sex dungeon? Looks very Galloupesque and fishy to me.
EddieRivard  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2013 12:40:10 PM(UTC)
EddieRivard

The tag that was on it said, "Sex Dungeon" when I bought it. That one was purchased at Joe's Sporting Goods off Rice and 36. They have a pretty decent selection of flies and fly fishing stuff for being a sporting good store although I think the prices they charge for their fly's are kind of on the higher end they are high quality as the Smallmouth can attest to. I purchased a Freedom Hawk 12 Kayak from Joe's yesterday. I'll probably be posting a report with that in it soon.

http://freedomhawkkayaks.com/products.php

UserPostedImage

ilikefood  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2013 2:35:51 PM(UTC)
ilikefood

Great post Eddie. The water looked a little brown. How was it in person? Is it still stained from the heavy rain from last week?
What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory.
- Aldo Leopold, A Sand County Almanac, p. 40 (Oxford University Press, 1949).
EddieRivard  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2013 9:02:46 PM(UTC)
EddieRivard

ilikefood wrote:
Great post Eddie. The water looked a little brown. How was it in person? Is it still stained from the heavy rain from last week?

Thanks, yes the water is still stained from the rain last week. Since I cant clean the silt from the river I tend to use the stain as an advantage by using heavier tippets and being able to get closer without spooking the fish. After last summers dry period where the water was crystal clear and low for months we should be somewhat thankful for the current state of affairs. Thanks mother nature!
FryinPanDan  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2013 10:52:36 AM(UTC)
FryinPanDan

Man

Look forward to hearing about that cool looking kayak thing! Love the second to last photo.
"My position is, we should have a clean, healthy, diverse natural environment so I can go fishing. Because fishing makes me happy." - John Gierach
BRAUNTRUTTA
UserPostedImage