Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
EddieRivard  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2012 8:31:53 PM(UTC)
EddieRivard

On Sunday Sept 30th my buddy Nick and I parked at Kinnickinnic State Park and made our way to one of my favorite sections of river. I hadn't visited this section of river since bridge work began earlier in the summer and was excited to get started. I think we caught a combined total of 13 browns fishing from around 8:30 am to 12:00 noon. The action really picked up around 11:30 when after plucking two smaller browns from a fast run I caught a 17 inch male on a Copper John Prince. Nicks biggest was 14" and although it wont be going on his wall I think it probably looked pretty good on his plate. Once the kayakers started rolling through we tried our luck on Cady Creek for some brookies. The action picked up when the sun went behind the clouds for a few minutes but other than that conditions were pretty tough on Cady Creek. I will revisit that stream when I can hit it when dusk, dawn or overcast conditions are present.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Edited by moderator Saturday, October 6, 2012 3:01:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified