Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KruddyTFB  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2019 3:59:40 PM(UTC)
KruddyTFB

Man
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Looking for some general etiquette pointers for the Brule and other waters in the area. Fishing in southern streams I have taken the advise from this forum to move on to the next bridge if I see a car parked at an entry point. I feel like i have picked up on that not being a concern up north. Obviously, give other fisherman reasonable space, but no need to find a different stretch of river? Also, there looks to be a lot of land walking and casting where you have an access point, depending upon the river. Can anybody offer up anything for me so I can avoid being "that guy" as ther rookie up there?
Sponsor
NBrevitz  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2019 9:52:56 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Basically, you’re good if you give people their space and don’t crowd around on one good pool. The nature of salmon runs is that more people are going to be out, and the idea of only one car being at a particular crossing is lunacy, at least if the run is on. If you find a crossing to yourself, fish hard and fast to put some distance between yourself and the bridge.

If you’re fishing residents up there in the summer, it’s best to follow the one car per bridge standard. The numbers per mile up there and lower anyway, you don’t want to be fishing sloppy seconds on low/mid number water anyway.
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
thanks 1 user thanked NBrevitz for this useful post.
KruddyTFB on 10/21/2019(UTC)
KruddyTFB  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2019 11:03:50 PM(UTC)
KruddyTFB

Man
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
That's what I had thought, but I haven't been out for a salmon run before.

Hoping I can get my cousin or neighbor to come with, but it doesn't look promising.

That you. I appreciate the insight!
NBrevitz  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 12:29:56 AM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 56 post(s)
No problem man!

And yeah, it’s ridiculous how many people will completely balk at fishing migratories just for the sake of one day of deer hunting or Walleye fishing! Salmon and Steelhead are the peak of our easily accessible fisheries, IMO.
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."