Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JGF  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 3:29:37 PM(UTC)
JGF

Man
United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I've used the State Climatology office maps (http://www.aos.wisc.edu/~sco/clim-watch/) in the past but they change daily.

Anyone have a good source for daily precipitation maps where you can search by date? Thanks!
Sponsor
Smis  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 6:08:16 PM(UTC)
Smis

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I use the Ventusky weather app. Gives accurate info by the hour. It only shows about ten days of weather info though, the last 7 days and the next three days. That’s plenty for me though
thanks 1 user thanked Smis for this useful post.
JGF on 9/19/2019(UTC)
William Schlafer  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 6:25:41 PM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Was thanked: 188 time(s) in 146 post(s)
This site from iWeathernet generates some nice precip maps in daily increments, going back at least 72 hours. I've had some problems getting it to work on certain browsers, but has been stable for awhile now with Firefox. Clicking anywhere on the map will give you a localized rain total for that spot. Seems fairly accurate and can give you a good idea how much rainfall a particular watershed has absorbed.

-Bill

Edited by user Thursday, September 19, 2019 6:27:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added text

“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
thanks 2 users thanked William Schlafer for this useful post.
JGF on 9/19/2019(UTC), zpope on 9/27/2019(UTC)
JGF  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 6:53:22 PM(UTC)
JGF

Man
United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: William Schlafer Go to Quoted Post
This site from iWeathernet generates some nice precip maps in daily increments, going back at least 72 hours. I've had some problems getting it to work on certain browsers, but has been stable for awhile now with Firefox. Clicking anywhere on the map will give you a localized rain total for that spot. Seems fairly accurate and can give you a good idea how much rainfall a particular watershed has absorbed.

-Bill

Thanks - that was the one I was looking for. Someone (you, probably) posted it a week or 2 ago but I forgot to bookmark it.

I did find this one from the National Weather Service out, here's the La Crosse site. It lets you go back about a year.
shebs  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2019 12:41:02 AM(UTC)
shebs

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 46 post(s)
I've been having a hell of a time the last week, as the MPX (Minneapolis) radar is down for an upgrade. If you're looking for data for the northern part of the driftless, be aware that any radar based precip maps will be way off due to MPX being down
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"