Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
EddieRivard  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2014 8:54:53 PM(UTC)
EddieRivard

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Over the last week I have constructed a snow fort on a small lake close to where I live that can can ice fish inside of but I mainly just sit in there and look out the window to see if my tip ups are going up or to see if the DNR is approaching. Here are some photos.

I always feel bad if I leave my dog at home so I often take her along on my adventures.
UserPostedImage

This is the pile pre hollowing. It is good to let it sit for a while after making it before you start hollowing it out.
UserPostedImage

I arranged my tip ups so I could see both the flags through this hole if they were to pop. Both flags were down at the time this photo was taken.
UserPostedImage

I know I stated that this snow fort is close to where I live but it is actually where I live since I am otherwise homeless. I prefer my fort to the shelter most days.
UserPostedImage

This is a night shot before I added the igloo style doorway. I had a candle to keep it lit but too bad the only candle I had was scented. My fort now smells like "Country Linen". I wonder if they make a scented candle that smells like "Teen Spirit" because if they did I would buy that one.
UserPostedImage

While Ice Fishing is a way to pass the time during the winter my thoughts are always on fly fishing.
UserPostedImage

I am really looking forward to spring. I was inspired to do this type of photo by Len.
UserPostedImage

Edited by user Sunday, February 9, 2014 9:21:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Dullyouth  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 12:27:13 PM(UTC)
Dullyouth

Wow it has been a long time since I built a legit snowfort! Those pics send some pangs of nostalgia running through me.

Any of the local hooligans trash that thing? I don't think one would last very long on metro lakes.

PS: whatdya afraid of the DNR for? Probably vice-related, like myself. Flapper Flapper
EddieRivard  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 1:10:15 PM(UTC)
EddieRivard

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 19 post(s)
I just added the part about thr DNR so that people would think I am cooler than I actually am.
kschaefer3  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 1:21:04 PM(UTC)
kschaefer3

Dullyouth wrote:
PS: whatdya afraid of the DNR for? Probably vice-related, like myself. Flapper Flapper

LOL Another good reason to fish where you won't see anyone.

EddieRivard wrote:
I just added the part about thr DNR so that people would think I am cooler than I actually am.

Don't sell yourself short. Or at least don't admit the truth when you have people fooled Flapper
Russ  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 3:58:20 PM(UTC)
Russ

BigGrin ThumpUp
kschaefer3 wrote:
Dullyouth wrote:

LOL Another good reason to fish where you won't see anyone.

EddieRivard wrote:

Don't sell yourself short. Or at least don't admit the truth when you have people fooled Flapper

redneckdan  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 12:23:19 PM(UTC)
redneckdan

Man

I have set my 10x12' wall tent up before on the ice. Not too good for windy days and sure as heck ain't a run and gun type shelter. But it is kind of nice to kick back on the sleeping cot in your long underwear with a good book, while the wood stove crackles away and lunch time soup simmers. Usually drill a couple holes over in the corner and run a couple dead stick rigs with shiners.